- Wreath Sales this week – $ total sales for the Troop. Remember our goal is $ and we only have 3 more weeks to sell!
- Our “Top Dog” award this week goes to William W. for overall top sales. Congratulations also to our top 5 overall sellers this week: William W. – $, Mark H. – $, Rhen S.- $, Matt M. – $, and Simon L. – $ (Three of these scouts are Flaming Arrows – way to go!). The top Tribe for the week was the Onieda Tribe with $ in total sales.
- Next Tuesday, October 15th the challenge is “Top this week only total sales!” Everyone has a chance to win the “Top Dog” this week. Also, beginning this week: for every $100 in sales earned by each scout, that scout gets 1 entry into a drawing for a $100 bill! So, sell $500 this week – you get 5 entries into the drawing. The drawing will take place in a couple of weeks!
- October 15th – Patrol Merit Badges are beginning! Patrol leaders contact your Merit Badge Counselors and let them know you are doing the merit badge.
- Also on October 15th – The Troop will begin working on the Personal Management Merit Badge. Any 2nd year scout and older may participate. In order to complete the badge each scout will need to have some sort of cash flow – allowance, part-time job, etc. If they don’t have a cash flow, they can still work on the merit badge but they will receive only partial credit. They will need the merit badge book, and the worksheets (available online: http://meritbadge.org/wiki/index.php/Merit_Badge_Worksheets)
- October 18th-19th – Camping at Blackwell Forest Preserve for JOTA (Jamboree On the Air) – we will set up our ham radio demonstration for the Webelos Recruitment on Saturday afternoon and connect with others around the world during the annual JOTA event occurring all weekend long.
- October 19th 12pm-7pm– Webelos Recruitment at Blackwell Forest Preserve – Youth Camping Area – We will be demonstrating Ham Radios as well as Dutch oven cooking, fire building and knife safety. We will have 2 shifts (2-3:3pm and 3:30-5pm – with clean up from 5-7pm). An email will be coming soon asking for volunteers!
- November 2nd 9am-2pm – Ham Radio Merit Badge at the Winfield Church (note new location). Contact Kevin Oleniczak if interested in participating.
- November 9th – Annual Three Fires Council Training Academy 8am-4pm. Various training for Adult Leaders offered as well as Senior Patrol Leader and Den Chief Training.
- November 23rd – Wreath Distribution at Winfield Church. Times TBD, usually in the morning around 8-11. All scouts are required to attend to sort the wreaths and take home their product. Distribution of individual sales should be completed by Tuesday, November 26th.
- November 29th – December 1st – Retail sales at Gary Church and Dominicks – sign up for times to work the sales.
Upcoming Troop Meetings
- Oct 15th – regular Troop meeting at Gary Church – working on Paracord Bracelets and Patrol Merit Badges
- Oct 22nd – Regular Troop meeting at Gary Church
- Oct 29th – Webelos recruitment – Pumpkin Carving!
- Nov 5th – PLC
- Nov 12th – Patrol Merit Badges and Team Building Activity
- Nov 19th – Webelos Recruitment – Team Building Activities in Stations
- Nov 16th – Thanksgiving week – Fun Activity TBD
- Oct 18th-19th – Blackwell Forest Preserve JOTA overnight
- Oct. 25th-27th – Location TBD
- Nov. 15th-17th – Indian Mounds Camp Ground – 1st Cabin Camping – 2 activities available – A: Ray’s BMX Biking or B: Harley Davidson Museum where scouts have the opportunity to do the Engineering Merit Badge, followed by a tour at Sprechers Brewery where scouts can sample 10 different soda flavors.
- Committee Meeting – October 24th, 7-8:30 (all parents are welcome to attend)