Friday, 8/16 3-7pm, Saturday, 8/17 9-1 or later if needed and Sunday, 9/18 if needed (time TBD) – Steven S. Eagle Project!
- Steven is sprucing up the entrance to the Prairie Path on the northwest corner of County Farm and Geneva Roads (across the street from Walgreens). He needs the help of fellow scouts as well as adults to complete the project. He will be replacing a worn out bench, replacing rotting timbers around three planting beds, trimming the bushes and weeding in the area, then adding fresh mulch.
- How can the scouts help? Volunteers should bring work gloves, eye protection (if you have it – we will have some on site as well), rakes, shovels, pitchforks for mulch, any other garden equipment you feel might be useful.
- There is limited parking at the entrance to the Prairie Path, so we recommend parking across the street in the open areas of the Prairie Trail Center Parking Lot.
- Snacks, water and sandwiches will be provided both days.
- IMPORTANT: Volunteers of any age must fill out the County Special Even Release Waiver (available at meetings and on ScoutTrack) and return to a member of the Stantz Family. Waivers will also be available on site, but advance submission is preferred.
Friday, August 16th 6:00pm – Saturday, August 17th 3:00pm – TLT at Winfield Church – All Scouts holding a leadership role, or hoping to hold one should attend this training. This training is open to all scouts in any rank. We will be helping Steven Stantz on Saturday with his Eagle Project, so please bring a signed waiver with you Friday night. This can be found on Scout Tracks.
Sunday, August 25th! Set up/Take down Gary’s Worship in the Park, 8am set up, 10am worship, 11am picnic, 11:45-12pm take down (ending times subject to change) – Join us at Memorial Park, corner of Hale and Seminary roads, across from Gary Church. We will be setting up tents/tables/chairs etc. for the worship service and picnic that follows. All are welcome to attend the contemporary service and picnic. Hamburgers, hotdogs and drinks will be provided. Feel free to bring a dish to pass. There will also be games for the younger kids. All family members are welcome!
Tuesday, August 27th and Tuesday, October 1st – Salesmanship Merit Badge – Join us at 6:15, before the regular weekly meeting. Mr. Duve will be helping the boys earn their Salesmanship Merit Badge just in time for our wreath sales fundraiser. The boys will learn strategies on how to sell as well as who to sell to. A Scout must attend both sessions to obtain the merit badge.
- August 16th-18 th – Steven S’s Eagle Project – Prairie Path, corner of County Farm and Geneva Rds.
- August 16th 6pm – 17th 3pm – TLT (Troop Leadership Training) Winfield Church
- August 25th 8am-1pm – Set-up/Take-down for Gary Church’s Worship in the Park
- August 27th – 6:16-7pm – Salesmanship Merit Badge at Gary before the regular troop meeting
Upcoming Troop Meetings:
- August 20th – Court of Honor planning and Patrol Method Explanations
- August 27th – Court of Honor planning and Scuba/Dunes presentations
- Sept 3rd – PLC
- Sept 10th – Court of Honor planning and Jamboree presentation
- Sept 17th – Patrol Merit Badges and Wreath Selling Skills
- Sept 24th – Patrol Merit Badges and Campout Planning
- Committee Meeting – August 29th, 7-8:30pm (all parents are welcome to attend)
- Committee Meeting – September 27th, 7-8:30pm (all parents are welcome to attend)