The Troop develops two 6-month (semi-annual) master plans in conjunction with Junior Leader Training. A concerted effort is made to schedule one outdoor camping activity each month with the exception of December. We specialize in Dutch Oven cooking at these events. Cabin camping is done from November through March with tent camping available for older Scouts. At all other times of the year (including Summer Camp) we tent camp. We periodically offer other forms of activities either separate from or in conjunction with camping trips. The following are some examples of the activities we have done (note that High Adventure activities are limited to First Class and above and ages 14 and older):
- High Adventure Europe Tour and International Jamboree
- Philmont Scout Ranch High Adventure Trip in Cimmaron, New Mexico
- Boundary Waters High Adventure Canoe Trip, Minnesota & Canada
- One Week Summer Camp every year (usually last week of June)
- Rock Climbing at Devil’s Lake, Wisconsin
- Polar Bear campout
- Scout Sunday – 2nd Sunday in February at Gary United Methodist Church
- Eagle Service Projects
- Canoeing on a local river
- Winter Green and Gold Dinner with Court of Honor
- Fall Outdoors Family Dinner with Court of Honor.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend all Troop activities. Drivers to and from events are frequently needed as well as someone to haul the Troop Trailer (the Troop will pay for the installation of a trailer hitch for any parent willing to tow the trailer to troop events).