- Dates to Remember
- Nov 22nd – Wreath Distribution Day – sign up for your time to pick up your wreaths!
- Nov 25th – NO BOY SCOUT MEETING!
- Nov 28th-30th – Wreath Retail Sales
- Dec 5th-7th – Wreath Retail Sales
- Jan 16th-17th – ILT at Winfield Church (for any scout holding a leadership position after 1/13/2015 elections
- Upcoming Troop Events
- Nov 25th – NO MEETING
- Dec 2nd – PLC Meeting – all scouts are welcome. Board of Reviews for any scout needing one in order to advance on December 16th.
- Dec 9th – OA Elections and Christmas Sharing food packing
- Dec 16th – Mini Court of Honor – bring an appetizer or dessert to share
- Dec 19th – Lock in at Gary Church
- Dec 23rd – NO MEETING
- Dec 30th – NO MEETING
- Jan 6th – Regular Meeting for all boys – SPL and ASPL elections
- Jan 13th – Troop Elections
- Jan 23-25th – Cabin Camping at Hoover
Things of Interest:
Scouts can earn the Blood Donor Day Patch by recruiting two blood donors to participate in the Mon., Dec. 8 – Sat., Dec. 13 Scouting For Life Blood Drive to be held at 14 Chicagoland Heartland Blood Centers.
To schedule an appointment, contact Esmeralda at 630-301-6179 or call 1-800-786-4483.
Or, register online at www.heartlandbc.org.
Please note: a photo ID is required for blood donation.
PHILMONT EXPEDITION UNIT REGISTRATION FOR 2016
Philmont Unit Registration for 2016 Starts October 29th. Start planning your unit 2016 Philmont expedition now! Individual unit reservation requests for 2016 expeditions for Philmont Scout Ranch will be made online beginning Wednesday, October 29 thru Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at www.registerphilmont.org/2016 / FLIER WITH INFO you will need!
If you are planning on attending Philmont with our Three Fires Council contingent, the 2016 Council Contingent Information will be available in December 2015.
NESA – National Eagle Scout Association – Website
The National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) is a fellowship of men who have achieved the Eagle Scout rank and who desire using their efforts and influence toward forming the kind of young men America needs for leadership. The objective of NESA is “to Serve Eagle Scouts and through them, the entire movement of Scouting” – NESA The applications for the 2015 NESA Eagle Scout Scholarships are available at NESA. The 2015 NESA scholarship window opens October 1, 2014, with a submission deadline of December 31, 2014. Winners will be contacted by July 15, 2015.
The National Eagle Scout Association offers two types of Eagle Scout scholarships: NESA Academic Scholarship applicants must be Eagle Scouts graduating high school and entering college in the year for which they apply for a scholarship. Scholarships are awarded only to those who graduate from high school in the calendar year in which scholarships are presented. Exception: Scouts whose Eagle Scout boards of review are held the same year of their high school graduation may apply in that calendar year. They may receive a scholarship one time only. NESA Merit Scholarship applicants must be Eagle Scouts graduating high school or undergraduate college students no farther than completion of the junior year. Recipients may receive the scholarship one time only.