Congratulations to the Honey Badgers for getting the highest score in the surprise uniform inspection!!
- Sun Oct 5th – Highway Cleanup. We could use some additional scouts to help keep our portion of adopted highway clean
- Tues Oct 7th – PLC Meeting – all scouts are welcome. Scouts in a leadership position should be there. Patrols leaders should find a sub if
they can’t be there so that all patrols are represented.
- Sun Oct 12th – Jacob P’s Eagle Ceremony. Setup – 12:30pm. Participants arrive at 1:30pm with ceremony at 2pm. Reception at 3pm at Gary. Tesomas style bonfire at Winfield church at 5pm.
- Fri Oct 24 – Sun Oct 26 – Canyon Camp / Chestnut Mountain. This is at a historic boy scout camp. Activities include mountain luge track
- Sat Oct 25th – Ryley Z’s Eagle Project at the Morton Arboretum. If you’re not camping, help one of your fellow troop 35 scouts with his Eagle project. Meet at 8:45am to collect seeds at the Schulenburg Prairie. Wear long sleeves, pants and work gloves. All other equipment will be provided. Lunch will be served.
A Scout is Thrifty. A Scout works to pay his own way and to help others. He saves for the future. He protects and conserves natural resources. He carefully uses time and property. Thrifty is the ninth point of the Scout Law – immediately after Cheerful and right before Brave.
Our only troop fundraiser is wreath sales and we do it just once a year. The money from this fundraiser goes to support your troop. It pays for equipment, trailer repairs, and more – enables us to keep our troop operational. It also helps scouts pay their way for Summer camp, High Adventure trips and any other scouting activities. Sales are down compared to this time last year. Please get out there and do your part. You Gotta Wanna!!!
This past week’s contest was the 26″ Noel Wreath. Our winner was Brandon B. who sold 5 units. Way to Go Brandon – You gotta Wanna! Also please note that the last date for wreath money turn in is Tues Oct 28th.