- Wreath Sales are underway and going strong – total so far is over $13,000 towards our $60,000 goal – we can do it! Congratulations to Brandon B and William W for being our “Top Dog” for weeks 1 and 2! Keep selling – this week’s challenge is “Overall total sales”!
- October 12th 1pm-5pm – Davis W’s Eagle Project – County Farm at Great Western Trail- more details to follow.
- October 18th-19th – Camping at Blackwell Forest Preserve for JOTA (Jamboree On the Air) – we will set up our ham radio demonstration for the Webelos Recruitment on Saturday afternoon and connect with others around the world during the annual JOTA event occurring all weekend long.
- October 19th 2pm-5pm– Webelos Recruitment at Blackwell Forest Preserve – Youth Camping Area – We will be demonstrating Ham Radios as well as Dutch oven cooking, fire building and more!
- November 2nd 9am-2pm – Ham Radio Merit Badge at Wheaton Police Department. Contact Kevin Oleniczak if interested in participating.
- November 9th – Annual Three Fires Council Training Academy 8am-4pm. Various training for Adult Leaders offered as well as Senior Patrol Leader and Den Chief Training.
- November 23rd – Wreath Distribution at Winfield Church. Times TBD, usually in the morning around 9-11am. All scouts are required to attend to sort the wreaths and take home their product. Distribution of individual sales should be completed by Tuesday, November 26th.
- November 29th – December 1st – Retail sales at Gary Church and Dominicks – sign up for times to work the sales.
Upcoming Troop Meetings
- Oct 1st – PLC
- Oct 8th – Tentative at Winfield Church – Patrol Box Painting
- Oct 15th – Regular Troop meeting at Gary Church
- Oct 22nd – Regular Troop meeting at Gary Church
- Oct 29th – Webelos recruitment – Pumpkin Carving!
- Sept. 27th-29th – Tent camping at Ice Age Trail
- Oct. 25th-27th – Tent camping and Troop Bike Ride. Location TBD
- Nov. 15th-17th – Ray’s BMX Bike Park
- Committee Meeting – September 26th, 7-8:30pm (all parents are welcome to attend)
- Committee Meeting – October 24th, 7-8:30pm (all parents are welcome to attend)
Our troop has been busy with Eagle projects. We have had 4 scouts over the past several months work on their Eagle projects. Congratulations to Jacob P, Adam K, Steven S and Anthony S. Projects have ranged from building stairs and shelves for a the high school theatre department, clearing invasive species at the Morton Arboretum, upgrading a busy corner of the Illinois Prairie Path and installing a bench, and collecting food and toiletry items to send care packages to troops overseas. What great projects! Our scouts have made an impact on the communities around us. We are very proud of all of them and thanks to all the scouts and their parents for standing behind our scouts to get this done. Check out the photos below to see some of our scouts in action.