Scoutmaster Conferences and Board of Reviews
The Spring Court of Honor and Green and Gold will be Sunday April 14th from noon to 4pm so mark your calendars for that. Also encourage your scout to look over their advancements and see if they are ready to move to the next rank. If they are are, they should be scheduling a Scoutmaster conference and talking to Mrs Duve about their Board of Review.
Hoover Polar Bear Campout
Three scouts earned their Polar Bear Award at the Hoover Campout and slept in a snow shelter that they built. Congratulations to Joey Cat, Jesse Exner and Mark Harrison.
Merit Badge University
We had a great turnout for MBU. Fourteen scouts attended various classes including 7 of our brand new scouts that have crossed over to our troop in the past couple of months.
Fly Fishing Merit Badge
If you are interested in the fly fishing merit badge. Watch the troop scoop for the flyer. This is being run by Trout Unlimited. See ASM Carl Peterson with questions.
Annual Planning Meeting
Our troop leadership will be having our annual planning meeting on April 5 and 6th at Winfield church to plan all the camping events for the next year. They will be using all the input and ideas that was submitted by each scout in January. ASM’s Andy Leonard and John Brunner will be helping our PLC facilitate the meeting.
- March 10th – Highway Clean-up from 1-3pm. We are using the back up date because of the snow this week.
- March 15th-17th – Lakota Cabin Camping. Great opportunity to work on rank advancements
- April 14th – Court of Honor – “Green & Gold”, set up at noon, event is 1-4, clean-up till 5pm
- April 19th-21st – Camp Lowden Cabin Camping
- May 17th-19th – Lake Geneva Camping
- May 19th – Summer Camp Swim Test at the Glen Ellyn YMCA (Any Scout going to camp needs to pass this swim test – either here or at camp)
Upcoming Troop Meetings
- March 5th – PLC meeting. Scout leadership plans upcoming events and activities. All scouts are welcome to attend.
- March 12th – Campout planning, G&G Planning, Board of Reviews & Scout Master Reviews. Permission slips due for Lakota campout
- March 19th – G&G Planning, Spring Cleaning – cleaning out patrol boxes, set up tents in Gammon Hall and check for damage.
- March 26th – Fun Night- location TBD