We had a great turn out and 9 wonderful dutch oven cobblers at Scout Sunday at Gary Church. The congregation always looks forward to this delicious event – thanks to all who participated.
TLT – Troop Leadership Training
Friday-Saturday our new leadership team had a great time at TLT held at the Winfield Church. Not only did they work on training for their new positions, they also enjoyed team building activities that included the Boy Scout’s version of “snow built clown car”. You have got to watch the video! Boy Scout SNOW EXPLOSION below….
New Scout Patrols!
We have new Scout Patrols! We have combined our scouts to create 3 new Scout Patrols. They are Patrol #1 – “Name to be determined”, Patrol #2 – “The Honey Badgers”, Patrol #3 – “The # Patrol” (pronounced the hash tag patrol). Look for an email sent from Joey C. if you aren’t sure what patrol you are in now.
- Feb 22nd-24th – Hoover – Polar Bear Camping 6:30pm meet at Gary Church
- Feb 23rd – Merit Badge University – York High School
- March 3rd – Highway Clean-up
- March 10th – Highway Clean-up Rain Date
- March 9th-10th – OA overnight at Rush Copley open to all scouts and friends – registration required
- March 15th-17th – Lakota Cabin Camping
- April 14th – Court of Honor – “Green & Gold”, set up at noon, event is 1-4, clean-up till 5pm
- April 19th-21st – Camp Lowden Cabin Camping
- May 17th-19th – Lake Geneva Camping
- May 19th – Summer Camp Swim Test at the Glen Ellyn YMCA (Any Scout going to camp needs to pass this swim test – either here or at camp)
Upcoming Troop Meetings
- Feb 19th – work on rank advancements
- Feb 26th – 1st Aide rank advancements w/stretcher carries
- March 5th – PLC – permission slips due for Lakota Cabin Camping
- March 12th – Campout planning, G&G Planning, Board of Reviews & Scout Master Reviews
- March 19th – G&G Planning, Spring Cleaning – cleaning out patrol boxes, set up tents in Gammon Hall and check for damage.
- March 26th – Fun Night- location TBD
- Spring Court of Honor – April 14, 2013